Application for the BA diploma
You can find all forms on this website (see below).
A complete application means:
- application form (important: valid residential address, title of the BA-thesis)
- A confirmation from your institute Majo/Minor/Mono that you have met all requirements regarding to the study plan as well as RSL05.
Important: Your institute (in most cases the Student Advisory Service) must switch the study program to "Fachanforderung erfüllt" (green beam, not only green "E" for "Erfüllt" - see picture).
You do not have to hand in a certificate for Minors from other faculties (see Tab "completion BA-Minor").
- Confirmation that you paid the completion fee (CHF 300.-), e. g. print the e-banking confirmation or bring the certificate of posting at the post office counter
-> see also: "completion fee, Dean's office bank account"
You can post the application outside our opening hours in our mailbox just next to our office. In special cases e.g. if you are abroad, you can also send the application as a PDF to Urs Zürcher.
You can hand in the application anytime. There are no deadlines. Please check the deadlines to signing up for Master studies (see Tab "signing up for MA-studies, deadlines").
Completion BA Minor
Minor from a different faculty (Minor at Faculty of Humanities, Major from another Faculty)
The Institute must set the Minor to "Fachanforderung erfüllt" at the KSL (green beam, not just green "E"). When this is done, you can apply for the BA diploma at the Dean's office of the Faculty where your Major is hosted.
Minor from a different faculty (Minor from anotha Faculty, Major at the Faculty of Humanities)
The Dean's office of the Faculty, where your Minor is hosted must set the Minor to "Fachanforderung erfüllt" at the KSL (green beam, not just green "E"). When this is done, you can apply for the BA diploma at tour Dean's office. There is no need for any written confirmation.
Minor from a different university (Minor at Faculty of Humanities, Major from another university)
The Institute must set the Minor to "Fachanforderung erfüllt" at the KSL (green beam, not just green "E"). When this is done, you can apply via Email for a transcript of records or a Minor confirmation. We will send you this via snailmail.
Minor from a different university (Minor from another university, at Faculty of Humanities)
If you apply for the BA diploma, please add a confirmation of the University where you completed your Minor including overall grade, number of ECTS, date, stamp, signature.
Fee, bank account Dean's office
You can pay the fee of CHF 300.- per können Sie per credit slip (to be found in front of the Dean's office) or via e-banking:
Konto-Nr. 42 18.104.22.168
IBAN: CH68 0079 0042 3117 1242 2
3000 Bern 9
Crediting the BA thesis/credits to the running semester
The institutes (see top right) define the dates when the BA thesis must be handed in.
If you want to credit a BA thesis or other credits to the running semester, they must be handed in or achieved:
- for the spring semester before calendar week 38 (September) of the running year.
- for the autumn semester before calendar week 8 (February) of the following year.
Authorization to examine
The authorization to examine is defined at RSP Art. 65, the PhD-rules Art. 8.1, and at RSL Art. 20, 29 und 37. The following persons are authorized to examine final thesis and final exams at BA level:
- ordinary and extraordinary professors
- assistant professors
- full time teachers with habilitation
- the faculties' Privatdozierende
If any other person wants to do the final BA examinations, the supervisor must apply for the authorization at the Collegium Decanale. This can be done easily online.
Until when must I apply for the BA diploma?
You can apply anytime, there are no deadlines. Please check the deadlines to sign up for MA studies (see Tab "Signing up for MA studies, deadlines").
Is there no promotion celebration for BAs?
No. But we'll send you the diploma with A-mail.
Until when must I hand in my BA thesis at the professors that I can finish my BA in the following semester?
see also "Until when must I credit a test or thesis to credit it for the running semester?"
This depends on different factors and varies between the institutes:
1. How much times takes the assessment and to register the grade at KSL?
Please ask the professor how long it might take to assess the thesis and when the grade might be in KSL.
2. Must I finish other things than the BA thesis or is there anything that is still not at KSL?
If the institute has not registered all credits at KSL, please ask the your teachers. If not, see 3.
3. Did you hand in the complete application "Antrag für die Ausstellung des Bachelor-Diploms" at the Dean's office?
Issuing the diploma takes maximum three weeks. If the application is not complete, it will take considerably longer.
Until when must my teacher credit my grade at KSL that I can finish my studies at the end of the following semester?
See above, 3.
In most cases, at least three weeks before the targeted date of issue. Please check the deadlines to sign up for MA studies (see Tab "Signing up for MA studies, deadlines").
Until when must I hand in a thesis or write an exam to have it credited for the running semester?
- for the spring semester: before calendar week 38 (September) of the running year.
- for the autumn semester: before calendar week 8 (February) of the following year.